Saturday, April 6, 2013

Do we live meaningful lives as people with rare conditions??

Hey everybody,
It's been so long since I have sat down and blogged, but alot has gone on in my life since my last entry which was sometime last year lol. I am not going to fill you in on the exact events which transpired during this period, but I will present an idea which is well worth inquiry to the moebius community. My  hypothetical question I ask to anybody who either has moebius or has a close relation to another who has the condition is, "Do you think  you/ they have a meaningful life"? Before you answer the question I want to clarify what I describe as "meaningful". Meaningful in my opinion is when something is associated with a positive memory and there for expresses worth in your life. Meaningful in the context of life specifically involves value. Life is meaningful if one can look at their life from an objective standpoint and say why they are glad to be in existence. This reason for existence can either be your occupation or your family or even your associated hobbies, but there has to be a reason which you truly believe.

Those of you who are reading this blog may be wondering why I am posing such a deep philosophical question, but I feel it has relevance in how we view ourselves in the present moment. It also has relevance to Moebius Syndrome. How does it? Well, I speak for myself only when I say sometimes I look at the world around me and what I see distraught me as clearly the other individuals in this world who are "normal" don't have the problems I do. I feel my life is harder than someones who doesn't have my condition granted they have no major problems which would hinder their quality of life. Because I can sometimes get upset I feel my life isn't as meaningful as any average persons life.
As I stated earlier having a meaningful life, in theory means looking back on your life and seeing value and reason. My life overall has had value as I have impacted others in a positive way through my attitude. I have also gained knowledge through  my passion for scientific research which I eventually stumbled upon  the concept of regenerative eye movement that  I shared in the Many Faces Community for all to acknowledge.  Despite these positive memories there are times when  the dark side of life comes to light and distorts the manner in which I envision my life. Because I  look different I have never been in a serious relationship. This is one of the major elements which urge me to believe my life has less value. How can you be happy with life when your alone? I guess you can't. Actually, empirical science defends my accusation as various studies which I have included the links to below have purposed the importance of having a significant other as it's related to mental health and quality of life.

So I ask anyone who has read this blog,"How meaningful is your life"?  Feel free to comment!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment